3.07.2015

OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-Go?

from here
Well took me long enough but I finally put on OPI's Where Did Suzi's Man-Go? from last year spring summer collection. WHOOPS. Well I mean I'm not one who really cares for in-season polishes or whatever. I just never got around to wearing it out asides a quick swatch when I bought it. So I don't reallllllly care that much. Asides, I kept reaching for different versions of this polish (more orange more coral more yellow etc).

It's pretty nice though, and it does have a bit of a mango feel to it. Like a really coral type of mango haha. I do think the colour of this depends on the colour and tone of your skin but overall it wasn't bad. I have a bunch of other ones from the same collection that I have yet to fully wear out. The yellow one is real nice but I left it at home.

The pantone tangerine tango colour I have up here is what my eyes see when I wear OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-Go? Just imagine this nail polish as a tad bit more orange, and brighter than the pantone colour.

I don't have a camera anymore so all I have is my cellphone to take pictures which does not have the same quality as iPhone cameras. So the pictures aren't the greatest but since no one really reads the blog anyways it shouldn't matter lol.

What I liked about this polish:
It's an opaque, creamy orange nail polish. There is no shimmer or anything hidden in it.
Despite the thickness, the polish has an ability to self-level which is much appreciated when you accidentally put on too much and have to run your brush over it to smooth it out. The polish dries quick on the nail so work fast to prevent drag.
It's opaque and would be done with one coat if you have shorter nails and can manage a steady hand, but I needed a second coat to fix the streaks that were in it.
The colour is really nice - I sent a snap to my friend and she thought it could be CG's FFF so think of this as a more orange and subdued version of it. Super spring colour.

Things you should know about it:
If you do thicker layers, wait a while in-between coats to prevent bubbling.
The way the colour appears is majorly dependant on your skin tone and the type of light you are by. So if you can do a quick swatch before you buy then that's the best way to see if you like it.
On me, in sunlight it's much more yellow-orange. In regular day time, in a room with no lights just sunlight filtering in, it learns more pink-orange.

What I didn't like about this polish:
Just the thickness of it, but a couple drops of thinner would fix that problem so really it's a pretty solid polish.

WOC Friendly?
YES! I think it's the perfect colour for wanting a fresh colour without being too overpowering in the boldness/neon-ness. I wouldn't jump and say this is work appropriate since it is so bright.

Availability:
I bought mine off nailpolishcanada.com so check there if you like it. If not, old sale sections in salons would have it and so would ebay.

Pictures:
I don't have a camera anymore so I used my cellphone but tried to get the best shots I could for you guys! In all shots I'm wearing:
2 coats of OPI Original Nail Envy
2 coats of OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-Go?
1 coat of Orly In a Snap

OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-Go?
Indoors, direct natural sunlight
It's a very light orange colour here and this is what it looks like in sunlight.

OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-Go?
Indoors, indirect sunlight
I think this shot is much closer to the way my eyes pick up the orange, I adjusted the saturation and contrast on this picture a bit. 


OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-Go?
Indoors, direct natural sunlight
So this is only two coats, and I feel like I can maybe see some VNL in the pictures but trust me the polish is quite opaque!

OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-Go?
Indoor, in natural indirect lighting, no flash
I wanted to show a comparison to something that is truly truly orange so I used my mug. That mug is a very bright but medium coloured orange. I think you can see what I mean here by the nail polish is quite orange and bright but it has that coral or pink twist in it; I think this is where I'm getting tangerine tango.

OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-Go?
Whoops missed a spot on the thumb there lol
 Thanks for looking through and hopefully I will be getting a camera soon…

peace n love

1 comment:

  1. The shape of your nails is dayammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hahaha thats right dayammmmm lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, means a lot!!