3.25.2015

ART: Spring Time Whimsy

Essie turquoise & caicos, Color Club Revealed, Revlon Whimsical
three polishes mixed together to get this look
I just am going to post the last few vault items I have as "art" mostly because I don't remember the way the polishes worked when I applied, and even more so because I used multiple nail polishes to get the desired look.

So this one… I saw the Deborah Lippman Glitter in the Air nail polish back when it was released and I remember wanting it soooooooooooooooooo bad. I was jonesin' for it! However, I couldn't justify spending THAT much on that polish (ironic now considering how much I have spent on polish). Some reviews of it were also kinda less than stellar so I got over it.

One day, I was just browsing the nail polish section in Shoppers (like I normally do), when I happened to come across Revlon's Whimsical! Now, damn y'all it's pretty much the closest dupe to the GITA polish in drug store brands. So I bought it and applied it and found that it wasn't opaque enough to give me that look I wanted. It actually made my nails look like I had a fungal infection or something because the polish has that greenish vibe in it.

So I tried different ways of wearing it. I put Whimsical over top of OPI Samoan Sand, and it looked alright but not the look I wanted. I will try that again with a more nude/neutral polish. I also put it over top of other aqua/green/teals but kind of left it alone after a while. Then I bought turquoise & caicos and came up with this mani. Since it's spring time and people are celebrating Easter soon, I decided now's a good as time as any to post this up. Enjoy!

Polishes Used:
Color Club Revealed
Essie turquoise & caicos - (try saying that fast 5 x)
Revlon Whimsical (430)
Regular topcoat
OPI Natural Nail Base Coat

How I did it:
Going with the Andrea style of manicuring (the ring finger is different than the rest), I used two coats of Essie's turquoise & caicos on the majority of my fingers - it could have been three but I feel like it was only two.
Then I put on two coats Colour Club's Revealed on the ring.
I used 2 coats of Revlon Whimsical on all fingers, and sealed it in with a regular topcoat.

Did it eat my time/was frustrating?
I mean, yeah it was a bit more time consuming because I was using three different polishes and each one at least two coats. But it wasn't frustrating, I just kind of did it. I don't have any memories of it being annoying thoughhhhhhh Colour Club's Revealed is a bit hard to work with.

Pictures:
Here are some picturessssss - I took these with my powershot. So again, kinda meh quality but whatever.

Essie turquoise & caicos, Color Club Revealed, Revlon Whimsical
Just a basic mani - I wouldn't really do this kinda look again, I'm over it as I mentioned in my last post.

Essie turquoise & caicos, Color Club Revealed, Revlon Whimsical
I tried to get the type of glitter in Whimsical to come up in photograph but I liked the way it shone. It's most light pink and light blue glitter in a sheer mint green base.

Essie turquoise & caicos, Color Club Revealed, Revlon Whimsical
I don't celebrate Easter of Good Friday etc, but I think if you're into that thematic mani this would do a pretty good job!

Essie turquoise & caicos
I found a really cool app in the MAC store called Fotor and I was able to collage AND add text. Do you know how many times I've searched for a free app that would do that for me????? TOO LONG. If you're kinda in the same situation then I would recommend looking at it - I only used it for these 3 pictures so far but it allowed me to do what I wanted!!

 Color Club Revealed
Sorry about this one, I realized the shots aren't that good but I think I was trying to capture the hidden shimmer in Colour Club's Revealed. And I realized I keep spelling Colour as Color. I'm Canadian, I can't help it. 

Revlon Whimsical
See, it's such a pretty nail polish. I just wish it had a TAD bit more opacity so I could wear it full on without it looking like I need a fungicide.

Well thanks for reading again!!! Let me know what you think of this… childish or semi-mature mani?

peace n love

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment, means a lot!!