2.22.2014

WOC Nude Series: OPI Glints of Glinda

OPI Glints of GlindaSo, lately I've really been into the sheer and delicate colours. Usually I go buy nail polishes based on other people's swatches or bottle shots that seem to be nice. Funny thing is, is that I've never really been into the soft shades. I've been attracted to bold, bright and vampy colours - hot magenta's or bold blues and oranges or fiery reds. Mostly because I feel that they look bomb against my dark skin. But now I feel myself being attracted to soft shades as well. And once I did some research into Glints of Glinda from Oz The Great and Powerful Collection, I figure I should buy it. This has been on my shelf for a year I think, so I'm really happy I decided to swatch it on that power Wednesday of swatching I did a while back.

Glints of Glinda is a sheer, peach/beige colour. It's more yellow-based and not very warm but not cool either (it's pretty damn neutral). You can build the opacity up but in general it will take roughly 4 coats. Sometimes these colours tend to look very stark against my skin. Sometimes the peach undertone doesn't quite come through or it's too yellow-based. This one is right on the fence. If it was a tad warmer it'd be THE perfect nude for MY skin tone. Nonetheless, I really thought this was beautiful and delicate. I know almost everyone raves about nail polishes but if you are into sheer this is great.

From the collection I only own 4 of them:
Glints of Glinda (the one I'm posting about today)
What Wizardy is This? (liquid sand that I love)
Which is Witch? (holo hex + bar glitter) and
Lights of Emerald City (I've posted earlier about this large glitter)




What I liked most about this colour:
So soft, squishy, and purdddddy! Asides that: super easy application. It was streak free and it does not pool at the cuticles. It wasn't watery but it was thick enough to choose your level of thickness per layer. I found it to be self-levelling so that was great because I did these very rushed. I took these shots with 3 coats of polish, fairly thin. I wore it again later and did only 2 coats and I was even happy with that. It looks like a colour that can be worn by fair or dark skinned peeps. Check out The Polishaholic's page for her swatches of the entire collection. Bonus: it's very work appropriate. In fact, it even looks like a soft manicure in some lights. It's not as faux-manicure as You Callin' Me a Lyre? was, but it's up there for that look.

Things you should know about it:
It's sheer! So if you hate sheer nail polishes or hate the fact you can see the VNL (white part of your nail) under the polish then don't waste your money! It takes about 4 medium-thick coats to get rid of VNL. It has a relatively normal dry time as well. It pairs well with other glitters - with gold or silver, depending on how you want to go with it. It would also make for a decent jelly sandwich, perhaps with a matte glitter or a holographic glitter?

What I didn't like about it:
Not much! It's easy to remove, easy to apply. The only hang up I can think of is I wish it had a bit more warmth to it but then it wouldn't be Glints of Glinda, would it? If you didn't like it, post in the comments and tell me why!

WOC Friendly?
YES. I'd buy it again!!

Availability
Since it's a special collection from a year ago I'm not sure if you can find it easily. I bought most of my nail polishes either at my friends wholesale place OR at nailpolishcanada.com (I love it). This I bought at the wholesale place for 5.95

Pictures
All have 1 layer of OPI Natural Nail Base Coat as base, 3 coats of OPI's Glints of Glinda and NO topcoat.

OPI Glints of Glinda
direct sunlight

OPI Glints of Glinda
direct sunlight
I just love this colour to pieces. It's so delicate, it's so precious.

OPI Glints of Glinda
direct sunlight
I realized I forgot to get a shot of this in the shade, so next time I wear it I'll have to. Sorry for the cuticle. :(

OPI Glints of Glinda
direct sunlight

OPI Glints of Glinda
direct sunlight
I wish this was a never-ending bottle. PL0X BAI.

OPI Glints of Glinda
direct sunlight
I should peel the bottoms of these… I don't know why I keep them though haha.

This was a great collection overall - what do y'all think of it?

peace n love

2 comments:

  1. I have this nail polish and I love it! theres something nice about soft sheer nude polishes i have to say nude nail polishes are my fave!
    x
    Galorious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!!! Especially ones that don't make you look chalky or grey! I just saw Sugar Daddy on your blog and I've been debating it for a while - afraid it might be too white... but I'm gonna get it next time I see a sale!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment, means a lot!!