2.27.2014

Brazil by OPI - Liquid Sands Pt 1

Well I decided to break up the OPI Brazil Liquid sands into two posts because I didn't want the single post to be too picture heavy. BUT it's still picture heavy. So today I'll swatch Samba-dy Loves Purple and I'm Brazil Nuts Over You. Seriously, who comes up with these names? They're so awesome - and so are the polishes. I'm a huge fan of the liquid sands by OPI. When they first came out, I thought they'd be like the shatter/crackle nail polishes that were a quick fad. I also didn't think I would like them but I seriously think they are amazing. They give you that fun alternate version of nail polish that still can be worn daily, as opposed to being a novelty.


OPI Brazil Liquid Sand
Brazil Liquid Sands Packaging

OPI Brazil Liquid Sand
Brazil Liquid Sands Packaging

The packaging was simple and it did a good job of holding the polishes in - no complaints. Keep reading for more pictures and thoughts on these polishes!



What I liked most about these polishes:
I adore the liquid sand lines. I have a wide variety but I can't have enough. These colours are definitely very summery to me. They are smoother for being textured and they are super easy to apply.

Things you should know about it:
The bottle is mini so the brush is a bit smaller. I'd say just be a little careful when you put the brush back into the bottle. On my nails, the brush flattened out and widened as I applied so when I went for a double dip a few of the bristles would knock the rim of the bottle. Need to be a bit more careful so you don't tip it over.

What I didn't like about it:
The fact they are minis. #pout. Bigger bottles man, bigger bottles!!!! They are pretty easy to remove so that wasn't a problem but I'd wear a base coat to prevent any possible staining. I wasn't sure if it was just me but the Samba-dy Loves Purple was much thinner than the rest - for that one I liked it at 2 coats but you might want to bump it up to 3. After I took off, I'm Brazil Nuts For You, I had a little bit of red left behind in my cuticles - just be a little careful with it.

WOC Friendly?
YES. I'd definitely re-purchase and in fact I will probably go buy another box of these because they are minis and I really don't want to run out of them.

Availability
I've seen them in regular salons like Chatters with the rest of the collection and it's their most recent collctionh so it should be relatively easy to find. However, if you can't find it, nailpolishcanada.com has them and that's where I bought them from. Whole collection was $17 CAD. I've seen them kicking around for $14 in some places!

Pictures
All have 2 layer of the OPI liquid sands with NO topcoat. First is I'm Brazil Nuts Over You and then second is Samba-dy Loves Purple.
OPI I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
indoors, shade, no direct lighting
Here is I'm Brazil Nuts Over You, the red of the collection. The colour here looks much more pink than it actually is but in the shade the underlying pink shimmer really comes out.

OPI I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
indoors, shade, no direct lighting
It's a really vibrant colour but it's not too much that its overpowering.

OPI I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
direct sunlight, no flash
It's a gorgeous cool red with pink shimmer. It's pretty much awesome. Its so bright and on my skin it has the cool magenta feel to it but it is a red.

OPI I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
direct sunlight, no flash
It was very easy to apply, it was smooth and I used one thin coat then a second thicker coat. I think this colour might change depending on your skin tone but as I said, in shade it's magenta but in natural outdoor lighting it's a red that leans magenta/pink (because of the shimmer).

OPI I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
direct sunlight, no flash
The pink shimmer is more noticeable in this picture.

OPI I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
direct sunlight, no flash
It's not very gritty - thats the one thing I found about them. I expected a bit more texture but I don't have a problem with that.

OPI I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
direct sunlight, no flash
Overall thoughts for this polish: I really do love it. The colour is really nice and refreshing for a liquid sand. It's not too in your face and is a good alternative if you want a nicer smoother textured finish.



Next up is Samba-Dy Loves Purple

OPI Samba-dy Loves Purple
one coat, shade,  no direct lighting
I have only one coat of this on, I just wanted to show the thinness of this formula. Its not a bad thin - but it is thinner than the rest. The glitter in this seems sparse at first but it did build up. You can also see it's a bit patchy but most of those things can be remedied with a third coat of polish :)

shade, two coats
It looks great in both low and high lighting!

OPI Samba-dy Loves Purple
shade, two coats
I believe there is pink shimmer in it - I can't really tell hahaha sorry.

direct lighting
The index finger and pinky finger are a bit thinner but I only had two thin coats on.

direct lighting
I think it's a nice warm purple nail polish. I don't have another purple like this for liquid sands.

direct lighting
Love the shimmery liquid sand effect… looks so great!!

direct lighting
Just another angle. Overall: I think it's great and has a textured feel to it similar to all other polishes in this collection. Like I said it's a bit less gritty than the regular ones. The removal was super easy and I had no staining left over. Definitely worth buying.


Hope you enjoyed!
peace n love

2 comments:

  1. I was actually going to buy the other Brazil set, the one that had that cream-finish teal in it (DRROOOOOL), but I stopped myself from getting it because it was 13 pounds. Couldn't justify paying that much :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn bro, it's only $14 at Chatters here!! Get Vany or Liv to get it!!!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment, means a lot!!