9.01.2013

#31DC2013 - Day One, Red Nails aka The Devil Wears Prada

Hey!

Well here we are embarking on this 31 day challenge... kinda scary but here we go!! Can't believe I'm late on the first day though (technically as I'm writing this it isn't midnight yet so it's still September 1!!)

Day one is RED NAILS! :)
With the colours I used, I immediately thought of the title The Devil Wears Prada... nope nothing to do with the movie but I think the nail polish names just work well with that title hahahaha. I really liked the mani... there's something sexy yet sinister about it. Not so good with the tape technique sorry ladies, I know a lot of my racing stripes aren't centered. Oops :$

Natural evening sunlight
I have no idea why my thumb is tucked LOL sorry it looks super awkward...



WHAT'S ON
China Glaze Ruby Pumps
China Glaze Lubu Heels
Seche Vite Topcoat
*used tape to help guide lines...

Natural evening sunlight, blurred to show sparkle

If you don't have Ruby Pumps, it's a definite CG classic. The red glass flecks makes it so beautiful and full of depth. Definitely easy to apply, this is two coats. In direct sunlight there is VNL but in person it was fine at 2. Dried quickly as well.

 Natural evening sunlight

Natural evening sunlight

I really liked the idea... I like how Lubu Heels is almost black but not. These are definitely a good colour combination and play well with one another as the glass flecks compliment each other great! If the stripes were consistent and cleaner I would've LOVED it.

What do you guys think?

Peace n love



1 comment:

  1. MEEEOW, I love your red nails! They make me want to watch the movie now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, means a lot!!